EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLNESS RESOURCES
Scroll down to find information on:Managing Anxiety & Stress
The COVID-19 Outbreak has the potential to increase stress and anxiety, both because of the fear of catching the virus and also because of uncertainty about how the outbreak will affect us socially and economically. There are practical steps you can take to manage stress and improve your well-being:
- Take care of your body– Try to eat healthy well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, and get plenty of sleep. Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. Learn more about WELLNESS STRATEGIES for mental health.
- Connect with others– Share your concerns and how you are feeling with a friend or family member. Maintain healthy relationships, and build a strong support system. Be flexible and creative in accessing support via phone, email, text messaging, and video calls.
- Take breaks– Make time to unwind and remind yourself that strong feelings will fade. Try taking in deep breaths. Try to do activities you usually enjoy. Headspace has partnered with New York State to create a collection of meditation, sleep, and movement exercises to support you through stressful and challenging times. These resources are free to access at headspace.com/ny.
- Stay informed– When you feel that you are missing information, you may become more stressed or nervous. Watch, listen to, or read the news for updates from officials. Be aware that there may be rumors during a crisis, especially on social media. Always check your sources and turn to reliable sources of information like your local government authorities.
- Avoid too much exposure to the news– Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories. It can be upsetting to hear about the crisis and see images repeatedly. Try to do enjoyable activities and return to normal life as much as possible and check for updates between breaks.
- Seek help when needed– If distress impacts activities of your daily life for several days or weeks, talk to a clergy member, counselor, doctor, or contact the District’s Employee Assistance Provider, ComPsych for free and confidential support. SCROLL DOWN TO THE EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM FOR MORE DETAILS.
Information found at https://emergency.cdc.gov/coping/selfcare.asp
Flyer to Print and Distribute: Taking Care of Your Emotional Health
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York is committed to helping prevent the spread and impact of the COVID-19 in our community. As part of this commitment, we are taking the following immediate measures in the interest of the health and safety of our members, you, and your employees:
- You pay the same for Doctor on Demand telemedicine visits
- The cost for Doctor on Demand telemedicine visits is the same as visiting your primary care physician or specialist, based on the type of appointment you make. As the pandemic continues, we strongly recommend that BCBS members first use telehealth or telemedicine to connect with a doctor when possible.
- Instructions on how to set up an account are below. This process typically takes less than 10 minutes.
- $0 cost-share / waived deductible for COVID-19 diagnostic tests
- BlueCross BlueShield will waive the cost-share for COVID-19 diagnostic tests for members who meet the NYS Department of Health guidelines for testing AND is prescribed by your provider through March 31, 2021
- Any testing is done without a provider's prescription, and that does not meet the NYS Department of Health guidelines is not covered
- Broad public health testing to identify individuals who may have been exposed, or surveillance testing for employment purposes are also excluded from coverage
- If applicable, we encourage members to use their mail order benefit to obtain a 90-day supply of current prescriptions
- Most drug plans cover up to a 30 or 34-day supply of medications at a retail pharmacy; however, some plans may allow certain medications to be dispensed for up to a 90-day supply at a retail pharmacy. If you would like to know if your drug plan covers up to a 90-day supply of your medication through a retail pharmacy, please contact the number on the back of your ID card to speak with a pharmacy member service representative.
- Members with 25% of their current prescription remaining should refill or renew their medication at retail pharmacies, consistent with CDC’s recommendation
The following is a message from Dr. Thomas Schenk, Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, explaining why we are taking these measures:
“We all have a shared responsibility to keep our community healthy, and we want our employer groups and our members to know that we’re here for them. Our focus now is on slowing the spread of this illness and making sure that if a person does become seriously ill, they can access the care that they need in a timely way.”
Visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York for timely information and updates on their continued response to COVID-19.
- You pay the same for Doctor on Demand telemedicine visits
The Buffalo City School District is pleased to offer all employees and their families access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through ComPSych Guidance Resources. They have many services available that provide support, resources, and information for personal and work-life issues.
There is no cost to employees or their families and all information is confidential. No personally identifiable information is sent to the District. This support is designed to assist employees and their families in resolving issues such as:
- Financial &/or Legal
- Emotional problems
- Family issues
- Substance/Alcohol abuse
- Work & Education
On the web: www.guidanceresources.com you can find articles & webinars, and get in touch with a GuidanceConsultant to speak with about the issues that you are facing.
By Phone: 866-645-1757
Click HERE for more information.
Crisis Services & Text Helpline:
Crisis Services for Buffalo and Erie County provide services for those who are in a state of emotional crisis.
- Buffalo & Erie County
- 24 Hour Addiction Hotline
- Kids Helpline
- Chautauqua County Hotline
- 24 Hour Erie County Domestic Violence Hotline
For Shelter: 716-884-6000
- 24 Hour NYS Domestic & Sexual Violence Hotline
- Hearing Impaired?
Use 711 (National Relay Service)
Text line www.crisistextline.org/
Learn how to care for yourself and your students through mindfulness tips, techniques, and resources available for free from Headspace. Using mindfulness every day, you will stress less, sleep soundly, and be more resilient. Your Headspace membership will help you learn the life-changing skills of meditation and mindfulness, to use whenever you need them most.Your free subscription includes access to:* Hundreds of guided meditations on everything from stress and focus to the workplace* Sleepcasts, sleep sounds, and sleep music to help create the conditions for a better night's rest* Inspiring videos, quick workouts, group meditation, and much more.Sign up for your free one-year subscription, https://www.headspace.com/educators
Your Personalized Health & Wellness Site
MyBlueHealth is available to employees and family members enrolled in District Group Health Insurance with Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY.
With MyBlueHealth you can:
- Take a health assessment for a snapshot of your current health and discover ways to improve your well-being
- Choose self-paced wellness programs from a variety of topics including healthy living, preventive health, exercise and fitness, emotional health, and more
- Receive relevant, credible answers and support on health issues from WebMD experts and their peers
- Easily access health quizzes, guides, slideshows, and calculators (body mass index, ovulation, and pregnancy due dates) and health information
- Discover delicious recipes for planning and making healthy meals
MyBlueHealth is a great tool to help you take control of your health. Create your account and get started today! My Blue Health Log In