Degrees and Certifications:
* I have been teaching Art in the Buffalo Public Schools for 19 years; the last 18 years have been at Buffalo Elementary School of Technology #6.
Professional Educational Biography:
* I graduated from SUNY at Buffalo with a Bachelors of Arts degree in Art History, with a minor in Studio Art.
* My teacher certification studies were done at Daemen College.
* I attained my Masters of Science degree in Educational Administration and Leadership from Canisius College.
* I received a grant from the Freeman Foundation and the Five Colleges Center for East Asian Studies to study Peace Education in Japan.
* I received a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to study China and India: Comparisons and Contrasts
* I received a grant from the National Consortium for Teaching about Asia to study about China, Korea and Japan.
* I have presented at conferences of New York Association for Asian Studies (Binghamton, NY) and New York State Art Teachers Association
(Binghamton, NY and Albany, NY)
* I am on the Executive Committee of the Buffalo Teachers Federation where I am on the Political Action Committee and co-Chair of the
Community Engagement Committee
* I am an artist who has been exhibiting my art in galleries in Buffalo, NY, western New York; Rochester, NY; Poughkeepsie, NY; Toronto, Canada.
I have art work in collections from New York to Florida.
* I am the mother of three daughters and the grandmother to one grandchild.
* I live in the City of Buffalo with my husband, our dog and our cat.