Mindfulness means paying full attention to something. It means slowing down to really notice what you're doing. Being mindful is the opposite of rushing or multitasking. When you're mindful, you're taking your time. You're focusing in a relaxed, easy way. Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, emotions, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment with openness and curiosity.
Deep breathing and meditation help us to be more mindful. Research tells us that when someone practices mindfulness frequently, they are more like to remain calm during stressful events, feel more content and have improved focus.
Website to Practice Mindfulness and Meditation:
Download your own Mandala
Mandala Coloring Tips and Games
Try these tips:
1) Find a cozy spot to color.
2) Listen to soft, calming music.
3) Choose your colors - you might like to coordinate them.
4) Start from the center.
5) Use the same colors for any repeating patterns.
6) Relax and enjoy!
Create a Family Mandala Wall
1) Print one of the SAME mandala designs for each family member.
2) Color in your designs individually (no peeking!).
3) As you finish, sign them and post them up on a wall all together.
4) What do you notice? Observe and discuss.
Collaborative Mandala Game
1) Print a single mandala coloring page.
2) Each person chooses one or two unique colors.
3) Take turns adding to the mandala.
4) Optional: When it's your turn, see if you can find and color just one of the repeating patterns.
5) Add your group design to the Family Mandala Wall.
Mandala Coloring Tips and Games: Lisa Flynn, founder of Yoga 4 Classrooms