First Grade News
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
What we’ll be learning during the month of September:
- Recognize letters and their sounds
- Beginning sounds of words
- Rhymes and syllables
- Count, recognize and make the numbers 1-10
- Represent groups with manipulatives
- Add numbers 1-10 using counters
- Write and develop simple sentences with support
- Edit sentences with support (capital, punctuation, finger spaces, and spelling)
Science: What is sound?
Social Studies: Being a good citizen
First Grade Team
The best way to reach your child’s teacher is to send a message on Class DOJO. We will be using DOJO all day long and we will be alerted immediately if there is a new message. Emails are also a great way to stay in touch. Also, if you have our cell phone numbers, please feel free to text or call.
Mrs. Toporczyk- room 157 email@example.com
Mrs. Rizzo- room 155 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Tomczak- room 153 email@example.com