The IB Primary Years Program prepares students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others and have the capacity to participate in the world around them. It focuses on the development of the whole child.
Grade 1 Curriculum:
Transdiciplinary Themes and Central Ideas
1. Who We Are - The actions of individuals and groups have an effect on their community.
2. How the World Works - Humans use their understanding of the natural world to improve their quality of life.
3. Where We Are in Place and Time - Life in the past differs from life in the present as a result of advances in our world.
4. How We Organize Ourselves - Families make informed decisions to grow and survive.
5. Sharing the Planet - The structure and behavior of living things help them grow, survive, and reproduce.
6. How We Express Ourselves - Discoveries in light and sound impact the way we communicate.