Union Affiliation: BEST







    New Hire Enrollment Forms


    1. Health Insurance and Dental & Vision Enrollment Forms - Contact BEST union office at 716-332-2378 or BEST7127@gmail.com 
    2. Group Life Insurance Enrollment Form


      Optional Benefits

    3. Flexible Spending Account for Health or Dependent Care Enrollment Form
    4. Commuter Benefit PlanEnrollment Form
    5. 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity or 457 NYS Deferred Compensation AccountEnrollment Form




    Plan B 204/204 Plus Point of Service (POS) Insurance

    A point-of-service plan requires the policyholder to choose an in-network primary care doctor and you may have to obtain referrals from that doctor if you or an eligible dependent require specialist's services. The plan still provides coverage for out-of-network services, but you will be required to meet a deductible and pay coinsurance for those services.  To review the services and equipment associated with this plan, view the complete Plan B Medical Document and the complete Plan B Prescription Document.


    You may choose to have single or family coverage. View the eligibility guidelines to determine who can be considered a dependent for family coverage.  


    The effective date of the insurance coincides with your hire date unless you submit your completed enrollment forms more than 30 days post your hire date.  Then, your effective date is the first of the following month.


    To find out if a doctor is in the BCBS of WNY network, visit:



    Health insurance is administered through the Buffalo Educational Support Team (BEST) office. 

    Please contact Christel Kasprzak at best7127@gmail.com or 716-332-2378 to determine your eligibility and receive enrollment forms.  


    2022 - 2023 Health Contributions
    Employees shall contribute to a 12-month health insurance subscription, over the course of ten (10) months, through pre-tax payroll deductions, based on your choice of family or single coverage.  



    Coverage         Annual Limit          Bi-weekly Contribution
    Single              $275                      $13.10
    Family             $550                      $26.19




    Dental Vision Logo






    These supplemental benefits are provided by your union. Please contact Christel Kasprzak at best7127@gmail.com or 716-332-2378 to determine your eligibility and receive enrollment forms.  





    Life Insurance

    Life Insurance is provided at no cost to you.  You are required to have a form on file to identify your beneficiaries. It is also advisable to update this form periodically as you experience life-changing events.  Life insurance is only provided for the employee and ceases upon separation from the District. 




    FSA Piggy Bank

    • The plan year runs from January 1st through December 31st, 2021
    • There are two types of FSA: Medical and Dependent Care
    • Medical FSA - health care expenses that are eligible for reimbursement under the FSA plan include medical, dental, vision, and other expenses not covered under your health insurance (such as co-payments, deductibles, and prescription drugs). 
      • Maximum annual election - $2,750 maximum 
      • Minimum annual election - $200 minimum.
      • $550 Roll-over feature. Up to $550 in unused funds can roll from one plan year to the next. Any excess funds in excess of $550 will be lost. Rollover funds will become available on your P&A Card in April even if you do not re-enroll for 2021. Separation from service is the only circumstance that would prevent you from utilizing the rollover funds in the future.
      • All eligible expenses must be incurred by December 31st. If you choose to use paper Reimbursement Claim Forms they must be submitted by March 31st. 
    • Dependent Care FSA

    For expenses that are eligible for reimbursement include such items as childcare and eldercare services.  The Dependent Care FSA can help you pay your eligible out-of-pocket dependent care costs. Expenses are limited to household services or the care of one or more qualifying individuals (i.e., a dependent child less than age 13 or a dependent adult), while you are at work.

         Maximum annual election - $10,500 (if single or if married and filing jointly)

         Maximum annual election - $5,250 (if married and filing separately) 

         Minimum annual election -  $100


    For detailed information on both of these benefits, visit the Flexible Spending Account page.  


    Use this FSA Enrollment Form to enroll


    Commuter Benefit Plan Parking (tax shelter the cost of your Parking expenses)

    • Maximum annual election -  $265 per month
    • Minimum annual election -   $10 per pay

    Mass Transit (tax shelter the cost of your Mass Transit expenses)

    • Maximum annual election - $265 per month
    • Minimum annual election -  $10 per pay




    ALL EMPLOYEES ARE ELIGIBLE to save for retirement by contributing to a 403(b) Plan and/or a NYS Deferred Compensation 457(b) Plan, through payroll deductions.  There are two major benefits to participate in these tax shelter plans.

    • You do not pay income tax on contributions until you begin making withdrawals from the plan, usually after you retire.
    • Earnings and gains are not taxed until you make withdrawals.


    403(b) Plan

    This is an employer-sponsored retirement plan offered to tax-exempt and municipal employers.  It is very similar to a 401(k), with the main difference being the 401(k) is for private sector employers.  A 403(b) offers you the opportunity save money from your paycheck pre-tax, so you will defer paying federal and state income taxes on your retirement account savings and their investment earnings until you withdraw the money at retirement. 

    To establish a 403(b) account, the employee contacts an advisor from one of the vendor's that the district does business with and he/she will help you put together a portfolio (see list below under Related Files).  The advisor will take into consideration many factors that include, but are not limited to:

        • What is your and/or your spouse’s age?
        • How many years will you continue to work before retiring?
        • What type of lifestyle do you want to live in retirement? Do you want to work part-time or not at all, travel or stay local?
        • How much risk are you willing to take?  You can invest conservatively with little to no risk, moderately invest with taking some risk or you can invest taking more risk

    Once you make these determinations, your advisor can assist you in setting up an account structure that is right for you.


    The District has contracted with The OMNI Group to administer the 403b Tax Shelter Program. Please visit their website at omni403b.com for further information or to download a Salary Reduction Agreement (SRA) to make changes to your existing account. (Please note that while the OMNI SRA has the availability to list multiple Service Providers, you may only choose ONE (1) provider for your payroll deductions.)  To open a new account, please refer to the list of Participating Service Providers that has been provided below for your convenience.



    NYS Deferred Compensation 457(b) Plan 

    This is a retirement plan, which is like a 401(k) for public service employees, that can help supplement your pension. It’s specifically designed for those who work for the state or local government, has the flexibility to adjust as your needs change, and can help you turn your salary into a more comfortable retirement.

    There are three approaches to investing with this plan, based on your level of comfort in managing retirement assets.

        • Do It For Me: Retirement Date Trusts – Choose a T. Rowe Price Retirement Date Trust based on when you will reach age 65.
        • Do It Yourself: Create a portfolio of investment options based on your investment strategy and tolerance for risk.
        • Specialty Options: A selection of special interest options such as opportunistic growth, environmental, social, governance, and self-directed.


    More information can be found at www.nysdcp.com or by calling the WNY Representative, Mark Wallace 1-716-903-7253.

    If you already are enrolled in the Plan and wish to make changes to your bi-weekly contribution please contact NYSDCP.


    Note: you may contribute to both a 403(b) and a 457 NYS Deferred Compensation Account.  


    2021 Maximum Allowable Contribution (MAC) limits

    $19,500 or $26,000 if age 50 or older


    Employee Assistance Program


    EAP with signs supportive effective voluntary confidential


    Access the Employee Assistance Program contact information to learn more. 

    ComPysch also has incredible resources on its website, that includes articles, slide shows, and training on the following topics:


    Communication Skills

    Personal Development



    Family & Relationships

    Behavioral Health & Wellness

    Older Adult Care

    Legal & Financial


    The District provides an EAP service that provides free & confidential services to our employees and their family members who may be experiencing personal &/or work-related issues. 

    • Assessments
    • Short-term Counseling
    • Referrals
    • Follow-up Services