Strong Community Schools build bridges between families and communities, leading to improved student learning, increased parent engagement, and healthier students.
The goals of Strong Community Schools are as follows:
- Implement strong educational programs which reduce learning gaps, enrich, and expand the curriculum, and strengthen parent and community engagement in school
- Coordinate with Say Yes Buffalo and other local resources to offer medical, dental, health, and wellness services at the school
- Build partnerships with local organizations to implement high-quality extended day and year programs of excellence to the entire community!
BPS has 24 Community Schools (including all three schools at the Bennett Campus). The Community Schools use a “full-service whole-child” model to increase student outcomes and improve the surrounding community. The model includes:
- Strong instructional programs.
- Expanded learning opportunities after school and on Saturdays.
- Comprehensive support services for students and families.