NPCS First Responders
The following list can be used to help families know who to contact for questions, concerns, and support.
Blizzard 2022 Community Resources
Resources following the Buffalo Blizzard 2022
COUNSELING & MENTAL HEALTH / GRIEF SUPPORT
- Crisis Services is available for phone counseling and support 24/7 at 716-834-3131 or 988
- Erie County Medical Center (ECMC) regularly offers mental health support and treatment 8:00 am-10:30 pm. Call the Help Center at 716-898-1594 or schedule a virtual visit at: ECMC Virtual Help Center Visits.
- Best Self Behavioral Health - all locations that provide services offer telehealth services only. Call ahead to clinics outside of Buffalo to confirm appointment.
- Child & Family Services will remain working remotely providing telehealth appointments.
- Buffalo Blizzard 2022 Facebook Page - this is a private group page with moderators administering the page, you will need to have a Facebook account and join the page.
- Community created Buffalo Blizzard Assistance Map - these resources have not been verified by 211 - we urge you to call ahead
- 211 WNY Buffalo Blizzard 2022 Resources -
- Erie County SNOW line - 716-858-SNOW - Erie County SNOW line is for requests for non-emergency medical assistance, including transportation to dialysis or cancer treatments, and delivery of critical, life-sustaining prescription medications like insulin. This line cannot provide medical advice. Please do not use this line to report unplowed streets, abandoned vehicles, or power outages.
- For power outages & issues visit https://www.nationalgridus.com/Upstate-NY-Home/Outage-Central/ or call 800-867-5222
- City of Buffalo Towed Vehicles - https://www.buffalony.gov/1249/Has-My-Car-Been-Towed
- City of Buffalo Storm Resources - https://www.buffalony.gov/1585/City-of-Buffalo-Storm-Resources
- Code Blue Shelters - WNY Coalition for the Homeless
- National Grid Food Reimbursement - customers who experience an electricity outage at their National Grid service address that lasts at least 72 hours (3 days) are eligible to request reimbursement for loss of food and/or prescription medication. Request for reimbursement must be filed within 14 days of the 72-hour outage mark, regardless of current outrage status. For more information call 315-428-3370, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Little Free Pantry Finder - small stand-alone pantries that are available 24/7 and may or may not be stocked due to the storm.
Spectrum CARES 882-4357 Emergency outreach for children up to age 17
Kids Helpline 834-1144 Confidential kids’ crisis line
Crisis Services 834-3131 Emergency outreach for individuals age 18+
Crisis Text Line Text “MHA” to 741741
CPEP at ECMC 898-3465 Emergency psychiatric evaluation
Central Referral 211
Outpatient Mental Health Agencies:
Kaleida Health Children’s Psychiatric Clinic 859-5460
Best Self Behavioral Health 842-0440
Walk-in Clinic: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 1-4; Tuesday 1-6; Friday 9-12
Child & Family Services 842-2750
Catholic Charities 895-7715
Gateway-Longview Behavioral Health Clinic 783-3221
Endeavor Health Services (formerly Mid-Erie) 895-6700
Spectrum Human Services 828-0560
Jewish Family Services 883-1914
Family Justice Center 558-7233
Child Advocacy Center 886-5437
Family Help Center 882-0919
24-hour Hotline: 892-2172