Buffalo Public Schools Summer Programming
Summer School Programming
The Prek-6 program focuses on providing academic acceleration and enrichment while supporting students’ social-emotional needs to ensure they are prepared for the new school year. The program includes:
- ELA and mathematics instruction
- Enrichment offerings that include but are not limited to science, social studies, art, PE, music, theatre, STEAM and real-world applications/activities
- Social emotional lessons; social workers support students
- Special education, OT/PT, speech teachers provide additional support
- Culturally and linguistically responsive content
Grade 7/8 summer school will provide an opportunity for promotion to the next grade. Students in grades 7/8 must pass both ELA and math and either social studies or science. The following courses will be offered: English 7/8, Science 7/8, Social Studies 7/8, and Math 7/8.
Summer school for grades 9-12 runs during the months of July and August. The program provides students the opportunity to recover credits. Students can take multiple recovery classes during the program. Non-Regents accrual courses are offered as needed to help students stay on track with their cohort.