Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the library! I am thrilled to be your child’s new school librarian!
I look forward to helping them become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information. With a background in graphic design, I anticipate the integration of technology and creativity into lessons within the library.
The library is a safe space for students and teachers to learn and grow. In the library, we will have fun asking questions, searching for answers, discovering books we love, and learning together!
The library is the center of the school and encompasses all subject areas. Inquiry is at the heart pf all we do.
A school librarian is essential in an elementary school because we…
- Teach students the skills of Information and Digital Literacy
- Collaborate with classroom and specials teachers with resources and technology tools that support Units of Inquiry
- Provide coaching to teachers on the best tools and techniques for finding and using information
- An active part of the school community, including committees and events
- Provide tech support for students and teachers
- Champion reading for fun and learning!
- Inquiry and I wonder…find the best answers here!
- …and more!
In our library, we follow the 4 Bees: Bee Safe, Bee Respectful, Bee Cooperative, and Bee an Active Learner