- A "School In Good Standing" – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Our 6th Grade students near NYS and Erie County Averages on NYS ELA and Math Assessments in May 2011!
- Other grades at or approaching NYS averages on ELA and Math State Assessments.
- Home to the 2nd Grade $1000 scholarship winner of the Mayor's Summer Reading Challenge in 2011 and 4th grade computer laptop winner of the District Summer Reading Program 2012.
- Home to the Middle School Chorus earning a "Bronze" distinction at the 2012 NYSSMA Competition in the Spring.
- Over 100 Academic Olympians in Grades 5-8 each quarter
- Increased Parent Participation at the 11th Annual Multicultural Festival with over 900 folks in attendance! Over 200 families attend our Open House each year and Parent Conferences.
- Located in South Buffalo in a close knit family community close to major road and highways
- 640 Students in Grades PK-8
- 13.8% of our students are students with disabilities (SWD), excluding speech.
- 94% Attendance Rate
- 1.6% Low Suspension Rate
- Title I school: 82% of our students are on free/reduced lunch
- Technology:2 State-of-the-Art computer labs, two fully stocked laptop carts, Interactive White Board technology in all classrooms,Activote technology, Flipcams for Vodcasting, and our very own HPTV for morning announcements
- Core Programs include Early Literacy, ELA, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- Special area offerings include Art, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, PE, Tech Ed, and Home & Careers, Study Skills (Study Island and Dimension U), 3-5 Chorus, Middle School Chorus, Middle School Band
- Regents Offerings for 8th Grade: Integrated Algebra, Living Environment
- Integrated Co-teachers (ICT) at every grade level K-8 to serve our students with special needs within the regular classroom setting
- Support Personnel available: Literacy Coach, Math Coach, 1.5 Reading Teachers, 1 School Counselor, 2 Nurses, .5 Psychologist, .5 Social Worker, .5 Librarian and well equipped Library
- Student Family Resource Center (SFRC) - The SFRC works with referred families to assist with basic needs and family concerns, parent involvement, family advocacy, conduct classroom presentations, and provide assistance where needed to children and families. Funding is supported by the Closing the Gap Initiative which partners with United Way, Child & Family Services, WNY United, and Catholic Charities, to offer support through personnel that included a Site Facilitator, a Mental Health coordinator, a Family support Worker, Achievement Mentors, Leaders in Training/Prevention Specialist, and peer mediation.
- Active Member of the South Buffalo Promise Zone - unites all South Buffalo schools and coordinates and collaborates efforts.
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) - tiered supports for academic and behavioral interventions as part of RTI process in addressing student needs.
- Academic Olympics for Grades 5-8 students who make honor/merit roll and/or 5 pt improvement in their GPA and at least 95% attendance.
- Parent Involvement activities focused around increasing parents as partners in building literacy: PARP (Parents document student reads 15-20 minutes per night) Movie Nights (Parents and students attend a movie showing after a book reading with the same title) Dr. Seuss Night (Parents and students eat green eggs and ham and have fun activities), Multicultural Celebration (Parents come a see what students have learned about other cultures in Buffalo and the world)
- Parent Involvement: Two on-site parent involvement coordinators, a parent facilitators, and a supportive Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO).
- Kaleida clinic: A Full Service clinic and counselor
It is the mission of Hillery Park Elementary #27 to create a positive, nurturing and caring community in order for our students to become life long learners and reach their full potential. We will prepare our students for success in school by implementing a rigorous curriculum based on the new Common Core Standards, emphasizing proficiency and mastery of skills as measured by New York State and District assessments. We will strive to provide enhanced opportunities for reflective, goal oriented learning in an environment of mutual respect, collaboration and responsibility.
- Students are our highest priority, therefore all students must be allowed equal access to a standards-based curriculum designed to prepare them to think, communicate, and achieve their full potential.
- Learning is enhanced in a school environment which promotes cultural diversity, self confidence, individual responsibility, self discipline and cooperation.
- Teaching and learning require ongoing assessment and continuous data analysis is necessary to monitor students' progress and drive instruction.
- Staff must focus on "best practices" in order to deliver a high quality instructional program and differentiated instruction is integral to meeting the individual needs of our students.
- Successful education is a partnership as well as the shared responsibility of students, educators, parents/guardians, and the community.
Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Ready.
Remember, at Hillery Park Elementary, Everyone Achieves. No Exceptions, No Excuses.
HILLERY PARK PLEDGE
I am a student of Hillery Park Elementary #27, a school where everyone is Respectful, Responsible, and Ready.
I respect my parents, my teachers, my classmates and myself.
I am responsible for all my behaviors and learning.
I am ready to learn, prepared with my homework, books, and all of my school supplies.
I come to school with a positive attitude, a cooperative spirit, determined to do my best.
At Hillery Park Elementary everyone achieves. No exceptions. No excuses.