Principal's Reading Challenge
All Buffalo Public Schools are participating in the "Principal's Reading Challenge".Each month the school whose students read the most books will get to house a magnificent trophy for aWHOLE MONTH!What Counts as a "book"
This challenge works hand-in-hand with the required 25 books read per year by each student.The added component is a summary of each book read.Please use the grade appropriate form below to complete the summaries:
- Texts read outside of regular reading (i.e., not Journeys, CKLA or ELA Modules) but can be extension (e.g., third grader reads all of Sarah, Plain and Tall)
- Texts can be part of a homework assignment or project that is completed outside of school
- Texts should be within the appropriate Lexile range/difficulty level for students's current reading ability (judged by teacher)
- PK-1 read alouds with parent/guardian/mentor sign off
- Texts can be written in any language