Mayor Byron Brown invites you to join the 16th Annual Reading Rules! 2017 Kids Summer Reading Challenge.
Participation is easy and the rewards are great. Here’s what you have to do:
- Start by completing the attached participation form below and returning it to 2301 City Hall Buffalo, New York 14202 as soon as possible.
- Begin reading!!! Kids from Pre-K to eighth grade (PK-8) must read seven (7) books. High school readers (grades 9-12) only have to read four (4) books to successfully complete the program. Students must read books from their appropriate grade level or higher. Included in the required amount of books, you may read books not included on the list that are approved by a parent.
- Write at least ten sentences on each book that you have read, including who the main characters are, the problems or situations they face, what you would do in these situations, and what you like and do not like about each book. Don’t forget to include your name, the title, and the author on the top of each summary and to have your parent or guardian sign the bottom.
- Mail, email, fax or drop off your summaries to room 2301 in City Hall by Friday, August 11, 2017! After you submit your summaries you will receive an invitation to our prize ceremony which will be held at the Buffalo Convention Center where you will be given a certificate of achievement, souvenir t-shirt, book bag and a chance to win many great prizes from our sponsors!
- Get ready for another successful school year as well as your reward for completing Mayor Brown’s Reading Rules! 2017 Kids Summer Reading Challenge!