Mr. Brancato - 7th and 8th Grade Math
My Home Page
Welcome students, parents, and families.
This is a most unusual time for us all, however, we will all grow from it
and be stronger when this all passes.
As much as I miss seeing everyone each day, this is the best way to keep you safe.
Please be patient and follow all CDC guidelines for hand washing and "social distancing"
so thatyou and those you love will stay safe.
Please remember this: One way or another, it will all work out,
and we will be in school again to make more awesome memories!
email@example.com NYSED Frequently Asked Questions
Communication/assignments and more:
Please know that I will be communicating mainly through Schoology for our online learning.
Using the messaging tool in Schoology, my coteachers and I can provide information
and feedback. Likewise, we will post assignments and discussions for students to complete/participate in.
I am insisting that all class communication takes place through our Math Course in Schoology.
This is the best way to ensure that only people associated with the class can communicate
with the students and it isolates student communication to the specific course. In this way, we
protect students from outsiders and protect their privacy, information, and data.
It is important to know that when a student posts to a discussion or replies on a
discussion/assignment/announcement item, all students in that class will be able to see the post.
If the student wishes send a message to me, the messaging tool is used and that will send a message
to me that is similar to an email, but remains within the Schoology platform as a privatee message.
Presently, All 7th and 8th graders should be completing the work from the package that was sent home.
The format for 7th and 8th is the same (items in blue are live web links):
- Complete 2 Finish Line lessons each day (start from begining and proceed to the end)
- Work on Moby Math (again, log in to Clever, then select Moby Math)
- Work on I-Ready Packet (Note: you may Finish Line, Kahn Academy & ask me for help)
- Work on Released Items from previous years' NYS Assessments: NYS 2019 , NYS 2018 , NYS 2017 , NYS 2016
- Work on links provided on Materials page - Specifically, Kahn Academy
- Look for Assignments in the Materials Section. These need to be completed and submitted via Schoology.
- Look for Links in the Materials section - Specifically Kahn Academy