Mr. Fenar's Home Page
Welcome to Mr. Fenar's 5th & 6th Grade class.......Where we make education fun!!
Im very excited about this 2013-2014 school year....Thus far the students and staff have been so amazing....
- Room 1 is a Fifth and Sixth Grade 12:1+(3:1) option classroom. Currently there are eight students in the class. We focus on Habilitation and Treatment to increase students skills. All students work on curriculum based from the Alternate Grade Level Indicators connected to the New York State Alternate Assessment to develop and improve upon age appropriate skills.
- English Language Arts is focused on using Harcourt grade level skills and Reading Mastery. Students work in small groups to increase their fluency and decoding skills.
- Math is focused on increasing skills at the students ability level with hands-on and real life situations.
- Students are also exposed to Science and Social Studies curriculum at their grade level that has been modified to meet their individual needs.
- The Program at BPS #84 Health Care Center for Children at ECMC is a program that focuses on Habilitation and Treatment. Most students receive Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy on a daily basis. Other Related Services are also provided if needed as indicated on the students IEP. There is a continuous balance between instruction and therapy provided throughout the school day.
Welcome to my new classroom website!I will be spending some time getting everything together but would appreciate any suggestions along the way.
There are many areas to the website that I know you will find great value in. My goal is to make the website not just a tool for me, as the teacher, to connect with parents, but also a learning tool and resource for the students.
I am also enrolled in a website class so i can make this page even better down the road.