Mission Statement and School Beliefs
"The families, faculty, staff, and community of Dr. Lydia T. Wright School of Excellence will work together to become an exemplar of excellence in academics and character development. The success our students realize here will prepare them to excel in high school and beyond."
The Mission of the Dr. Lydia T. Wright School of Excellence is to help the students become self-sufficient, contributing members of society. We will use data to create differentiated instruction in order to facilitate a rigorous and enriched learning environment. We will treat students with positive regard and culturally responsive acceptance in order to succeed. We exist because we know every child is capable of achieving more than he or she ever believed was possible.
- Every individual deserves a structured and safe environment.
- Differentiated instruction is implemented to ensure the mastery of core subjects.
- Everyone needs to recognize the diversity and value of the individual.
- Education is a shared responsibility with students, family and staff.
- The environment in our school will promote student confidence and self-esteem.
Code of Good Behavior
At Dr. Lydia T. Wright School
We respect ourselves and others,
take responsibility for ourselves,
and believe learning is important.