Degrees and Certifications:
Kelly Kelchlin Lambert
In person or online, your School Librarian is here for you! Welcome!
I am proud to have been a librarian for almost 20 years, working in college, corporate, and school libraries. My classroom is a safe space for students and teachers to learn and grow. My teaching style incorporates current pedagogy in the field of education and librarianship as well as meaningful use of technology. Let's have fun asking questions, searching for answers, finding books we love, and learning together!
The library is the center of the school and encompases all subject areas. Inquiry is at the heart of all we do.
A School Librarian is essential in an elementary school becasue we...
- Teach students the skills of Information Litearcy
- Collaborate with classroom and specials teachers with resources and technology tools that support Units of Inquiry
- Provide coaching to teachers on the best tools and techniques for information finding and use
- An active part of the school community, including committees and events
- Provide tech support for students and teachers;
- Champion reading for fun and learning!
- Inquiry and I wonder...find the answers here!
- ...and more!
In our library, we follow the 4 Bees: Bee Safe, Bee Respectful, Be Cooperative, and Bee an Active Learner
Kelly K. Lambert, MLS, MEd, SLMS