My Home Page
ECONOMICS – MR. VACANTI
* To teach the basics of personal finance.
* Students will learn how to save money, avoid scams and become wealthy.
* This course is a College Style course – with strict deadlines and lots of lecture notes.
* Each student will be set up with a FREE Checking or Savings Account (if you do not already have one).
1) Stocks & Bonds
* Students learn in detail how the stock market works.
2) Retirement Savings
* Students learn how to save for retirement with IRA’s 401(k)’s and Mutual Funds.
* Students learn how to establish good credit and stay out of credit card debt.
* Students learn the basics about: Auto, Home, Renters and Life Insurances.
5) Home & Auto Purchasing
* Students learn how to negotiate the lowest prices on houses and cars.
* Students learn about income taxes and how to file your taxes for free.
Homework & Classwork
* Students are given a Homework-Package for each chapter.
* The package is due on the day of the chapter test – in the beginning of class (not by the end of the day).
* NO LATE HOMEWORK IS ACCEPTED – you will get an automatic 0% on all late assignments.
* If you are absent on the due date of any homework assignment – it will still be an automatic 0% grade reduction.
* Classwork can only be completed in class.
* If you are not in class – you will receive an automatic 0% on all classwork assignments.
* There are 10 total tests (5 in each quarter).
* If you miss a test you will receive an automatic 0% - no excuses – no make-ups!
Attendance Bonus (on top of your quarter average)
0 absences = 10 points on your quarter average
1-5 absences = 5 points on your quarter average
* You are seniors about to graduate – I will treat you like adults not babies – therefore you are expected to act like adults.
Grading Tests = 50%
Homework = 25%
Classwork = 25%
* 3 or 5 Subject Spiral Notebook (College Ruled).
* No 3 ring binders or any other notebooks will be accepted!
* Get a new notebook – do not just use the rest of an old notebook.
* This notebook must be for ECONOMICS ONLY – do not use it for other subjects too.
* If you do not have a spiral notebook you will get a 0% on all notebook grades.
* Ink Pen
* I do not give out pens to students – that is your responsibility.
* I do sell pens for $.25 (all funds are donated to the Buffalo City Mission).
I hereby agree to all terms and conditions stated in this course outline and accept all responsibilities for my actions.
Print Name:_______________________________ Signature:________________________________