Welcome to the Purchase Department
Our goal is to obtain the best value for goods and services for the students and staff of the Buffalo Public School District.
It is our aim to:
- Insure that schools and departments receive prompt service to meet the needs of students and staff
- Secure high quality, cost-effective products, in a timely manner, using best professional procurement practices
- Continually search out, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with vendors
- Work to enhance the procurement method through efficient use of technology and communication
- Comply with New York State Finance Laws and the policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Education
Important Message for Vendors
WARNING: It has come to our attention that there are individuals representing themselves as agents of the Buffalo Public School District in a fraudulent attempt to acquire IT equipment.
These individuals are using email phishing methods to impersonate legitimate Buffalo Board of Education email addresses. The Buffalo Public School District email domain is “buffaloschools.org”. The phishing email deceptions to date are using variations of the District domain such as “buffalloschools.org” or “buffalosschools.org” (note the double ll and double ss when they should be single).
If you have any questions regarding the validity of a purchase order or procurement inquiry you have received, please contact email@example.com for verification of authenticity.
Beware of any variation to the official and only legitimate domain name for the Buffalo, NY Public Schools operated under the Buffalo Board of Education which is: “buffaloschools.org”.
Michael S. Yeates
Director of Purchase