Important Message Regarding COVID-19Due to the current pandemic, all Purchasing staff are working off-site with periodic visits to the main office in City Hall. Staff members may have limited access to voice mail, so e-mail is the preferred and recommended method of contact.Arrangements are currently being made for Public Bid Openings and will be announced on a case by case basis.If you have an emergency, questions, and/or need to schedule with a member of the Purchasing Department please contact Richard Fanton at the e-mail address listed here.Thank you.
Welcome to the Purchase Department
Our goal is to obtain the best value for goods and services for the students and staff of the Buffalo Public School District.
It is our aim to:
- Insure that schools and departments receive prompt service to meet the needs of students and staff
- Secure high quality, cost-effective products, in a timely manner, using best professional procurement practices
- Continually seek out, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with vendors
- Work to enhance the procurement method through efficient use of technology and communication
- Comply with New York State Finance Laws and the policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Education