About Our Program
The mission of the Learning Together Changing Lives Program (LTCLP) is to improve academic achievement, particularly in ELA for K– 8th grade students and help them gain skills they will need to succeed in college or a career.
Buffalo State Center for Excellence in Urban and Rural Education (CEURE), Best Self Behavioral Health (formerly, CATS) and Young Audiences of Western New York (YAWNY) have expanded existing partnerships to better serve approximately 150 students at Buffalo Public School International 45. This partnership is supported by a five-year grant from 21st Century Community Learning Centers.Learning Together Changing Lives Program will provide enhanced targeted academic intervention in ELA, a broader range of high-quality enrichment activities and significant Social Emotional Development programming with greater alignment to school, district and NYS 21st Century Community Learning Center goals.
Learning Together Changing Lives Program provides academic enrichment programming for children five days a week from 2:30 – 5:00pm. Classroom teachers and CEURE tutors assist students with homework and provide ELA support. Children have opportunities to participate in programs offered by our community based partners.CBO Partners
NO AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM DATES INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL #45
- Buffalo Strings Works-Is founded and led by local musicians. BSW provides high-quality music instruction on violin, viola, and cello with international students. BSW recognizes the importance of music as a universal language, offering a creative outlet for children and their families who are seeking a sense of belonging in a new country.
- Young Audiences of WNY- presents professional artists who engage young people in creative learning through the arts.
- Soccer for Success-is the U. S. Soccer Foundation’s innovative youth development program that uses soccer as a tool to combat childhood obesity and promote healthy lifestyles for children in low-income urban communities.
- GObike- is working to build a thriving, dynamic and connected Buffalo by promoting biking, alternative transportation options, and improved streetscapes to create positive impacts on health, our environment, our streets and the overall quality of life for all residents.
- Girls on the Run-Girls on the Run is a North American non-profit program that works to encourage pre-teen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games, culminating in a celebratory 5k run.
- First Hand Learning (Rocketry & Triangle Learning)
Tuesday, November 5, 2019: Election Day
Monday November 11, 2019: Veteran’s Day
Thursday, November 14, 2019: PTO Night
THANKSGIVING RECESS BREAK
Wednesday - Friday,
November 27 - 29, 2019
Thursday, December 5, 2019: Open House/ Steps to Success
Tuesday December 10, 2019: PTO Night
WINTER RECESS BREAK
Friday, December 20, 2019
Monday, December 23, 2019-
Friday, January 3, 2020
Monday, January 20, 2020 MLK Jr. Day
Tuesday February 4, 2020 PTO Night
MID-WINTER RECESS BREAK
Friday, February 14, 2020
Monday, February 17, 2020
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Thursday, February 20, 2020
Friday, February 21, 2020
Wednesday March 4, 2020: PTO Night
NYS ELA Testing
Wednesday - Friday
March 25- 27, 2020:
Early Release & Sup’t Conference Day
Wednesday & Thursday
April 1 & 2, 2020
SPRING RECESS BREAK
Thursday, April 9, 2020
Friday, April 10, 2020
Monday, April 13, 2020
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Thursday, April 16, 2020
Friday, April 17, 2020
NYS Math Testing
Tuesday – Thursday
April 21-23, 2020
Early Release & Sup’t Conference Day
Wednesday & ThursdayApril 29 & 30, 202