Burgard High School Machine Shop Rules
- Eye protection is ALWAYS required in the shop.
- Running and Horseplay will not be tolerated in the classroom or the shop.
- Absolutely no cell phones or earphones in the classroom or the shop.
- Food or drinks are not permitted in the shop area.
- NEVER operate machinery unless instructed to do so by the instructor.
- No one is allowed to work in the shop area alone.
- Be respectful of other people’s property. “Keep your hands to yourself!”
- Profanity, vulgarity, or improper gestures or language are not permitted anywhere in the school.
- Please be respectful and mature; proper voice levels for the situation.
- Please report any injuries to the instructor immediately.
- Accidents happen, please report all broken tools, parts or machinery to the teacher.
- Be prepared for class/shop; must have proper clothing, homework, books, notebooks, portfolios, pens and pencils every day.
- Students must have a pass if tardy to class.
- Students are Responsible for cleaning up their areas.
- Students are Responsible for making up the missed work if absent. He or she must make arrangements with the teacher.
- Compressed air is not for cleaning machines or hair/clothing.
- Hoodies, jewelry, and earrings are not allowed in the shop; Long hair is to be tied back properly for safety.
- Proper attire including footwear is a must in the shop area.
- Computers are only to be used for schoolwork.
- All Burgard Rules and District Policies are enforced.
Instructor: _____Mr. Melber___________________ Room # 321 & 414__
Students Signature: __________________________ Date________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: ___________________________________________
Home Phone: _____________________ Work Phone: _____________________