Buffalo Public Schools
Social-Emotional and Wellness Supports
Health Related Services Office
Phone: (716) 816-3912
FAX: (716) 851-3561
This is an important document from child’s teacher at school. Please read it or have someone read it to you.
Este es un documento importante del maestro de su nino. Favor de leerlo o buscar a alguien que lo lea.
Warqadani waa mid muhiim ah oo ka timid macalinka ilmihiina ee iskuulka. Minfadlak akhrista ama ha la iddiin akhriyo.
Hii ni hati muhimu kutoka kwa mwalimu mtoto shuleni. Tafadhali kusoma au kuwa na mtu kusoma na wewe.
Ceci est un document important du professeur de votre fils. S'il vous plaît, lisez-le ou trouvez quelqu'un qui peut vous le lire.
How to Handle the FLU: Tips for Proper FLU Health and Hygiene
If your child is diagnosed with the flu they must stay home from school until they have been fever free for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medications such as ibuprofen.
Symptoms of the flu include:
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
If your child has any, or a combination of, these symptoms call their doctor’s office right away and make sure they get plenty of rest and fluids.
If your child has other chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, or disorders of the brain or nervous system they are at high risk for complications from the flu. In this case call your doctor immediately if they show flu-like symptoms.
You can prevent getting or spreading the flu by following these health and hygiene practices:
- Wash your hands several times each day. Wash them with soap long enough to sing the “Happy Birthday” song.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Never use your hands. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or the bend of your arm.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with your hands. Hands carry germs that can make you sick.
- Do not share food, hairbrushes, or other personal items with classmates. Stay away from people who are sick.
- If you are coughing, sneezing, or feeling sick, do not come to school. Call your doctor right away.